Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jealousy

One word to describe anger mixed with passion for something you don't have but want is called "jealousy".  Now, most of the time jealousy occurs in denial.  People will deny EVEN to THEMSELVES that they are not jealous.  I can see it a lot in younger children and also my own generation as well.  I used to get jealous but not really angry.  I learned to control a lot of it by being strong in what I have already.  I was pretty jealous to read some of the poems we looked at in class.  And I'm being serious about that.  I wish I could write poetry.  I CAN write poetry.  I just don't want to.  I would rather explain what I'm trying to say in a way that can better help the people with less imagination.  One poem I was jealous of was by JEWEL.  It's called PS.  I will just cite the whole thing since it is not very long:
I wrote those nice
poems only because
the honest ones
would frighten you

For some reason that just speaks to me in more ways than I can tell you.  It brings me back to so many thoughts and inspirations.  And all of that happened in for small lines !!!  That's why I'm jealous.  I do not have the confidence to write something that inspiring in that small of a text.  But I will now work on it.  Thank you Jewel !!

No comments:

Post a Comment